The new digital normal is here. In other words, most people now go online to look for information they need, research products and services, connect with people and entertain themselves. While this phenomenon has been happening for a while, COVID-19 has made the push into the digital world faster. Consumers are digitally savvy now and they expect the brands they use to be as well.
Traditional advertising tactics like letterbox drops and signboards aren’t enough in today’s world of real estate. To stay competitive and impress vendors, you need to use innovative tools and smart digital campaigns to sell property.
Digital Savviness Becoming a Key Expectation
Alice Stolz and Shelley Craft from The Block outline the following tips for choosing an agent in a video for Domain:
- Choose a local agent
- Choose someone with data and insights in the local area
- Find who understands social media and digital marketing
This further illustrates the fact that being digitally savvy is now a key expectation and many vendors will consider this when choosing an agent.
What Does it Mean to Be Digitally Savvy?
Vendors expect their agent to know how to sell their home using digital channels. This means going beyond just listing it on the same real estate portals everyone else does. Agents must provide smart digital campaigns. This means being able to:
- Target the right potential buyers with engaging ads on social media
- Understand different tools in Facebook ads such as Lookalike Audiences
- Create targeted ad campaigns using Google Display and Adwords
- Understand how to retarget prospective buyers
- Achieve good results with the campaign in terms of metrics like click through rate (CTR) and cost per click (CPC).
With the right digital tools and know-how, you can find and qualify the right potential buyers cost-effectively and impress every vendor client.
Benefits of Digital Campaigns
Whether you’re marketing your agency’s brand or trying to sell property, a digital campaign enables you to:
- Reach more people faster while spending less
- Measure ad effectiveness
- Reach the ideal buyer with hyper-targeting tools
- Report ad performance in real time
Digital campaigns are also versatile. From creative video campaigns for listings to informative articles about the market, there are multiple ways you can promote your brand and position yourself as the local experts.
Plezzel Can Help You With Real Estate Digital Marketing
At Plezzel, we’re digital marketing experts specialising in real estate. We can help you formulate a highly effective omnichannel marketing strategy to sell your vendor client’s properties.
To find out more, please get in touch with the Plezzel team.